So wars bei mir an der praktischen Prüfung

• Hey @NoExpert

Since you are from the US I'll try to teach you something about the swiss motorcycle license procedure.

In Switzerland, you are actually allowed to ride on the Street without having a full license. These riders are called Learners "Lölis" and you can spot them by looking at their motorcycle's rear section where they have to mount a blue plate with a white "L" on it, that marks them as learners.

There are two groups of learners:

- the first group of riders are the ones with an age between 18 and 25, these riders had to ride around with 25kw (about 35ps), since the EU has the A2 license, which is 34kw (about 48ps), motorcycle manufacturers are often designing their bikes to fit the A2 regulations. Since this is a big disadvantage for swiss riders and shops, Switzerland has finally agreed to use the 35kw rule.

-the second group of riders are 25 + yo and they're allowed to ride their motorcycle with full power from the beginning.

Learners ride around with a learning permit, which allows them to use swiss roads (our learners are not allowed to ride in any other country). To get this learning permit the'll have to pass a theory test.

The first stage of their learning permit will last up to 4 months, in these 4 months they'll have to visit a foundation course, which is a course that takes 8-12 hours (depending on your present licenses) and teaches them everything about traffic and riding. After visiting this course their learning permit will be extended to 12 months. In the remaining time, they'll have to pass a practical test, where the'll have to perform maneuvers and ride around with an expert on the passenger seat in traffic.

- The riders with 25kw had to perform this exam with a bike that has a capacity of 250ccm+

- The riders with 34kw will now have to perform this exam with 400ccm+

- And the riders with full power will have to perform the exam with 600ccm+
    (all of these have a 10ccm tolerance, dont ask me why the don't just set the minimum 10ccm lower)

If you have passed this last test and you were a rider from the first group of learners, you'll have to ride your bike with 35kw for the next two years, after riding 2 years with your full license, you'll be allowed to ride your bike with full power no matter how old you are.

A ride a day keeps the stress away.

• So you're limited on power, yet need a certain cc in order to to take the test? Interesting. I keep telling my wife if she really wants a motorcycle license that she needs to get it here. From what I've read we can just turn in our US drivers licenses, fill out some paperwork, pay a fee and get Swiss licenses.

@Without(TM)_speed no need to apologize for your English, it's far better than my Swiss German. I appreciate everyone here welcoming me in and accommodating me.

• @NoExpert

When you want to live in Dwitzerland and you want the Swiss drive Licens you have to male the test with a "expert" so you drive aprox 1 Hour around in the city on the higway ...
    If you make it good you wil becom the Swiss Driving Licens. But if you don't pass you have to Start from zero.
    Than you habe to make:
    The first help cours
    The Theory test
    Than a "Verkehrskunde" theory (they thell you what can happen if you drive Drunk what happened if you drive to fast what happening by driving on snow and a lot more theory...
    Than you start to "learn" drive,,
    They will cost aprox 1500-2000 chf

• ....also?
    er kommt in die Schweiz...mit Töff und Nr..und hat seine licence...mit der er doch mit den us-nr hier fahren darf...so weit ich weiss ein jahr lang...bis die papiere und nr zu CH Zulassung geändert werden müssen...sollte sein Aufenthalt länger dauern...
    ???

kann mich nicht daran erinnern...das damals ne Fahrprüfung absolvieren musste...is schon ein paar jährchen her
    ???

"Am liebsten erinnere ich mich an die Zukunft."
    Salvador Dali

• We have it way too easy here in CA. I got my permit a little before getting my first motorcycle then, about four weeks later, I took the DMV motorcycle driving test and got my M1 license, done (I was 23). No cc/power restriction at any age. The written test is common sense and the riding test is too easy (you really shouldn't ride a motorcycle if you can't pass).

From our DMV website:

Motorcycle License Check List

To obtain a motorcycle license if you are under age 18 you must:
    Be 16 years of age.
    Have had your permit for six months.
    Provide proof of driver education/driver training completion.
    Provide a completion certificate from the motorcycle rider training course.

To obtain a motorcycle license if you are 18 or older you must:
    Complete a Driver License or Identification Card Application form (DL 44). To obtain this form by mail, call DMV's automated phone service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-777-0133.
    Pay the application fee.
    Pass a vision examination.
    Study for and pass the written test.
    Give a thumb print.
    Have your picture taken
    If you do not have a California driver license, you will also need to:
    Present an acceptable birth date/legal presence document.
    Provide your social security number.
    Provide your true full name.

If you are under 21, you must provide a completion certificate from the motorcycle rider training course.
    If you are over 21, you may complete and provide the completion certificate from the motorcycle rider training course OR schedule an Appointment(s) at DMV to take the motorcycle driving test.

• ....also?
    er kommt in die Schweiz...mit Töff und Nr..und hat seine licence...mit der er doch mit den us-nr hier fahren darf...so weit ich weiss ein jahr lang...bis die papiere und nr zu CH Zulassung geändert werden müssen...sollte sein Aufenthalt länger dauern...
    ???

kann mich nicht daran erinnern...das damals ne Fahrprüfung absolvieren musste...is schon ein paar jährchen her
    ???

jeder der aus einem nicht EU Land kommt muss hier eine Fahrprüfung (Praktisch) ablegen, wird diese nicht bestanden fängt man beim Nothelfer an. Wie gesagt es gibt nur 1nen Anlauf...

• Sali zäme

Wie ihr wisst habe ich am 18 März meine R6 eingelöst und danach die Grundkurse gemacht. Seither bin ich 800Km gefahren.

Nun gestern habe ich mir eine Honda CB600F gemietet und am Abend noch die Manöver geübt, Abstand ca. 2 Meter und so eng wie möglich die 8 gemacht + paar voll Bremsungen. Spurgas war sowieso kein Problem auch mit der R6 nicht.

Heute war ich am 12.15 an der Prüfung. Vorher nochmals paar 8 gedreht und ein paar Vollbremsungen.

Kleider: für die Manöver waren mir einfach die Jeans (Motorrad), Softshell Jacke mit Protektoren IXS, Rückenpanzer und A* Moped Turnschuhe einfach bequemer.

Der Prüfexperte war Nett jedoch meinte er "i bi gar ke Fan vo Jeans" o wes töff si.

Egal, von der MFK fuhren wir nach Schonbühl via Autobahn und danach irgendwo im Kaff. Im Kaff mussten wir im Berg anhalten und losfahren. Weiter vorne nochmals anhalten, da wollte er die Vollbremsung sehen. Leider hatte mein mitprüfer kein ABS und hat ca nur 90% vorne gebremst. Bei mir alles tiptop, "schön brämset" hat er gesagt. Nun musste ich die Spurgas fahren und das war easy, danach dürfte ich mal vorne Fahren. Da wir Ausserorts waren hatte ich vergessen dass es eine 80er Zone war und ich fuhr nur 50, dass war mein einziger Fehler. Irgendwo im Niergendwo bei einem Kraftwerk sind wir schon wieder angehalten und er hat die Zauberhütte aufgestellt auf ca 2.5-3M er sagte uns: "ich sage nichts, einfach 5x durchfahren zusammen und holt so weit aus wie Ihr wollt". Das mit der 8 gekreuzt kam mal am 1sten Grundkurs danach nie mehr geübt, das ging gut weil der Mitprüfer auch super war. Nach 5x die 8 Komplett sagte er mir zurück zur MFK. Ich habe mein Kopf immer gedreht und alle gefahren geschaut, bremsbereit gewesen etc.

Am Schluss: Ich prüfung bestanden, "Super gfahren, schöni Kurve, immer super gluegt uf dgfahre, Gratuliere i ha nichts z'moniere" :grinning_squinting_face: [trophy][/trophy]
    :top::thumbsup:8o

Der Mitprüfer hat wegen der Vollbremsung nicht bestanden und einmal eine Linkskurve geschnitten. Also ich hätte Ihm die Prüfung gegeben, fand er ist auch Souverän gefahren.

So endlich nach ca 3.5 Mönet und 800Km später hani dprüefig scho :grinning_squinting_face:

PS: nein kein Sozius fahren in Bern, seit letztes Jahr wurde die Prüfung von 40min auf 1h wegen Manöver verlängert.

Lg und schöne Namitsch

• Mit kei Sozius meinsch, dass de Prüefer nid hinde gsesse isch?

A ride a day keeps the stress away.

• Mit kei Sozius meinsch, dass de Prüefer nid hinde gsesse isch?

Genau.. z Bern sitzeds der nöd hinedruff sondern fahred mitem Auto nah ade Prüefig.

:hexe: Women are angels, and when somebody breaks our wings... we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that :grinning_squinting_face:

• @zdriver and noexpert: US citizens don't Need to do a test for changing the US driving licens to a swissdriving license, see top right on http://www.pom.be.ch/pom/de/in…005-erwerb-schweiz-fu.pdf

@Meitschi und frosties, soweit ich gehört habe, soll ab Herbst oder spätestens nächstem Jahr auch in Bern der Experte hinten drauf sitzen, dann werden auch die Prüflinge in Bern mit dem Zusatzgewicht kämpfen müssen. ;(

• Das isch guet möglich - mir aber insofern glich als dases mich nümm betrifft :grinning_squinting_face:

:hexe: Women are angels, and when somebody breaks our wings... we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick. We're flexible like that :grinning_squinting_face: