Lernfahrausweis - Prüfung

• Hallo dear community!

I have a question, I hope someone can help me before I ask the Strassenverkehrsamt:

I am willing to do the Praxis Prüfung KAT A. and my deadline for the Lernfahrausweis is till 23.08. On the website of STVA in zürich says that if I failed the first exam then I can apply for the second one and so on.

My question: If I do the exam for example on 22.08, ist it possible for me to do a second exam? Or i have to apply for a new Lernfahrausweis and for a school again? What is exactly the process (somehow I feel I am missing something)

Thank you soooo much for your help !

Josef

• You have a second chance but only before 23.08. In your example, yes you have to apply for a second Lernfahrausweis. Normally this shouldn't give a problem as duration of the first one was less than two years. Please be aware, that the basic course of 12h expires after two years, you should the try the second exam before this deadline, otherwise you have too reabsolve the groiund course a second time to ensure your Lernfahrausweis does not expire with the end of the mentioned two years.

But if you are riding enough and exercise the things you learned in the basic course like slalom, breaking, driving the 8 etc., you should get the license in the first exam :grinning_squinting_face: And don't hesitate to ask if someone in your refion alsoi likes to do exercises or a ride together wirh you.

• Hi
    In theory it is possible to fail the first one at the 22 and repeat at the 23. but you won't get so fast a new scedule. As far as I know, your GK (Grundkurs) expires together wit your LFA (Lernfahrausweis).
    The VKU (Verkehrskunde-unterricht) is two years valid, but you need this one only if you have not other license like B for the car.
    So my recomondations:
    - Make the first exam in june/july and take a few lessons with a driving teacher before (was a big help for me). A lesson is around 80-90CHF, to repeat the exam is 120CHF.
    - Make sure your bike is in a good condition, if the tires are worn down or the brakes are not working good (will be ckecked), you can go home immidiatly and failed the first one.
    - In the GK you learn all the manouvers. If they're getting checked on a dedicated place at the STVA, go and practise there. If not, look for a big, enpty parkinglot to practise.
    - If you fail the first one, don't worry, but I strongly recomend some lessons, because a third exam has some more restricitions.
    Cheers

Wer Rechtschreibefehler findet der darf sie behalten

• Hi, please bear in mind that the test schedules are usually very full, i.e. you might have to wait about 6 weeks for a new slot, unless you get lucky and someone cancels. But depending on why you fail, you might anyway need some more time to practise.

However, if you fail your first test and your LFA expires, you can always get a new one. I had to get a new LFA because I had to cancel my test slot (I was ill) and it was all booked out until my LFA expired. You will have to do the Grundkurse again.

• wow guys, thx for the tipps and hints!

cool, I will book an appointment in first week of July and get a teacher before the exam.

Thanks a lot !!

j.