can anyone teach me how to drive?!

• @Zee81
    I am not sure what the bookings look like at the various instructors...but this is the high season and finding a free spot with the limited time that you have available, could be a bit tight.

Insurance...is quick and easy. If you do it online, the insurer sends the confirmation to the vehicle licensing department (Strassenverkehraamt) electronically...its super quick.
    Sorry if that was off-topic and something you may well be aware of already.

You can`t scare me, I was raised in and survived South Africa

• Grundkurse...
    I did them @ http://www.fahrschule-motomoto.ch/ ... but I'm sure you'll find a lot of offers in Zurich, 'just ask google'.
    The other question is wether you need a Grundkurs given by English speaking instructors or wether you understand/speak German. Not every instructor does understand and speak English.

• hey

@Rene: no I didn't know :smiling_face: thanks for the info!

figi: I understand/speak german (well high German for the time being) . It should be fine I believe with the instructor :top:

• I understand/speak german

That's a great plus in finding some courses. Just for the note: I was told that you have to do the 3 parts on 3 different days just even if it's back-to-back and you have do do them at the same place.

• A recommndation from https://www.englishforum.ch/tr…commendations-zurich.html : http://www.fahrschule-barmettler.ch/

you have do do them at the same place.

I can belive that you must do them on different days. But all at the same place? I think you have been had.

Hmm. The official information how the basic rider courses have to be organized does not give a clue:
    http://www.astra2.admin.ch/med…pub/2007-12-11_2504_d.pdf

PS: Ich bin ein DUMMSCHWÄTZER !!!

• How confident are you with vehicles? Do you already have the car driving license?

If you're confident and not afraid to try it alone, you can make the first meters on the parking of the motocenter winterthur. Whe're a lot of tutorials on how to drive a bike on youtube :winking_face: If you know how to drive a car you don't gonna have problems with the other personns on the road and clutch and gears are a bit similar.

Don't do your practical courses too late to prevent taking bad habits.

Ride safe,
    Jonny

Edit : Souri 4 bad england :grinning_squinting_face:

Wieso laufen? Habe doch zwei gesunde Reifen :grinning_squinting_face:

• hallo guys,

ok, I did the insurance. and I manage to appoint courses for Grundschule (fahrschule-zuerich) on 07./09./ 10.07 in Zürich (where I live)

I have question: On tuesday 03.07 I have dayoff; Is anyone next to winterthur maybe he/she can help how to drive (in the parking of Moto Center?)

Otherwise i had to do it as "Ilikebananas" suggested. (N.B: I felt down with my bike the first time I tried it in the parking, that was really embarrassing)

Thank you in advance

cheerio

• Nearly everyone felt one time and it's always when people are watching :grinning_squinting_face: The most errors are only made once :winking_face:
    Just don't give up

Cheers
    Jonny

Wieso laufen? Habe doch zwei gesunde Reifen :grinning_squinting_face:

• Don't worry, even the best riders are falling off the bike, look at the MotoGP :grinning_squinting_face::winking_face:

I never rode a motorbike before I got one, I only had bycicles, no scooter or anything motorized. I did my first trials under the eyes of my father who rode bikes for years. After two hours practise we drove home, he in the car and I on the bike.
    If you can ride a bycicle and you know how to handle the throttle, clutch and gearbox you can do it easily on your own. Try some manouvers like starting on a hill and tight cornering. If you feel confident, you can go on the road.
    At the third I have nightshift ond my bike is in service, but you can ask a driving teacher for a hour or two.
    cheers

Wer Rechtschreibefehler findet der darf sie behalten

• hey guys,

ok, on Friday i am going to bring my bike from Moto Center Winterthur. so my last try: does anyone has time on Friday?

if Yes, I would be really happy if someone could help/support me to drive from Winterthur to Zürich.

otherwise, i will see how it goes on Friday be myself.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Best,

Josef

• Friday? O.k.
    Place is clear, but time? It just a mess to get from where I am to the Moto Center.
    Btw. Full A or A restricted license? Btw. we could meet today in Zurich to do some basics with my bike.

PS: Ich bin ein DUMMSCHWÄTZER !!!

• oh man, I just saw your message!

I am free with time on Friday , as I am taking day off from work.

What about tomorrow late afternoon, do you have time? I can meet you anywhere in Zürich for basics. (I live close to albisriederplatz)

and yes Full A license.

Thank you!

Josef

• ok guys, thanks to you and specially to RebelFazer, I manage to drive safe to zürich.

It was a great new experience!

RebelFazer: Thanks a lot mate for your patience!

Best,

j.