can anyone teach me how to drive?!

• hey guys,

I bought a Yamaha XJ6 diversion from Moto Center Winterthur. The Problem is: I am not sure how to bring my Bike to a Grundschule in Zürich (I didn't register yet). My question: Is there anyone who can teach me to drive?!

maybe someone in Winterthur? as the bike is still parked in Moto Center Winterthur...

Really, any help or advices would be really appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Josef

• @Zee81

Josef...welcome to the forum.

EDIT: Question right back at you:
    Do you have a valid Learners Permit? If yes, I could help teach you the basics Saturday morning. However, someone else in the Forum may be available prior to that.

Greetz,

Rene

You can`t scare me, I was raised in and survived South Africa

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Rene_ ()

• Hi

Do you have any driving-licenses already? If you have the B (car) you can go straight on the website of your STVA (canton) and print out the application form to get a learning-license. Most stuff you can fill in with a translater-app, but the part for the optician you have to to visit one. If you weare glasses like me, go to the one you bought your glasses, they do it sometimes for free. Otherwise go to the next one you can find, they all should be able to talk english and the price should be all around the same.
    Then you have to hand in the paper at your local goverment and show your ID/Passport.
    Then you get the a pice of paper, the Lernfahrausweis. Within the first four months you have to do the Grundkurs, usually 12h. If you did that, they will confirm it on the paper. After that you have another 12months time to do the practical exam. You can drive around on your own, but don't go abroad. I suggest a few lessons before the exam, but that's not a must.

Does Motocenter care about the plate and everything to make the bike street-legal?

If you never drove a motorbike, ask a driving-teacher to pick it up with you or somebody else who is experienced.

Wer Rechtschreibefehler findet der darf sie behalten

• Hez Guys and Gals, Dudes and Dudettes,

The lad want's to know how to get the bike home not how to get a freaking learners permit. And if you explain that you should als mention that a blue L should be mounted to the back of the bike, as well as a license plate which he only gets if has sorted out the insurance part. Suprisingly insurance and plate can be got without any license of any kind at all.

Luckly there is enough space in front of the Moto Center to try and learn the basics. Some helpful soul will certainly be so kind an teach it to you. Wouldn't be the first time it has been succesfully done by forum members.

So Guiseppe: All formalities sorted out, gear ready, where to from the Moto Center, what time of day and day of week is best?

PS: Ich bin ein DUMMSCHWÄTZER !!!

• Hey Josef,

I assume you have it all sorted out with the administrative stuff (license, permit, gear, ...). Let us know when you need assistance and I'm sure we can make something happen :smiling_face:

Cheers
    T

• Simply register it. Where is the problem?

TIL: With registration you are able to ride and safely operate a motorbike.

Interesting how times change. In my time this was movie fantasy at best.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Now I wonder what is all the fuss with the basic rider course and practical exam when registration is enough to master it. Some goverment money making scam?

PS: Ich bin ein DUMMSCHWÄTZER !!!

• [X] A truckload of information about the permit in this thread.
    [_] Information about how to register a motorcycle in Switzerland in this thread.

Saw the missing stuff, threw in some links.

Grüße, Martin

• wooow!!!! it works with the forum!!!

crazy, thanks guys, really it is so great to see positive feedbacks!

ok, I guess I didn't clarify it much: I got already the Lernfahrausweis, and it will be expired on 23.08, so my plan is to do the 12 hours school before that. Moreover, I have to do the Bike insurance ,which i will do it very soon. When I do the insurance, then I will get back to you guys!

@ Rene: your answer was so hilarious before you edited ! you had to see my face when I was reading your first message. (I speak german, but not good enough though)
    @ Rebelfazer: man, you r so cool, I will get back to the forum once I do the insurance (but basically 07-08.07 and 14-15.07)
    @tobaws: great!

Cheers guys! and have a great evening!

j.

• no not yet, i am checking your link now.

but first i need to learn how to drive so that I can drive my bike to the school, that is my whole problem. but anyway, thanks a lot Rene

:top: